Saturday, July 26, 2008

To Powder or Not to Powder??


I only powder my face once a day. That's it!! After I apply my concealer, I apply powder on top to set it. That's it!! I don't apply it all over my face nor do I apply it on my nose. I don't like the matte look. Semi-matte. Sometimes. Matte....Never. When will women realize that matte skin does not look healthy nor does it look real.

I think many women hate having oily skin, so they powder themselves constantly throughout the day. They don't realize that powder DOES NOT control oil. I repeat..POWDER DOES NOT CONTROL OIL PRODUCTION!! There is no product out on the market that truly prevents sebum production. Now, there are products that TEMPORARILY do so like oil-control lotions, but it is TEMPORARY...like 2 hours temporary. Please ladies, let go of the constant reapplication of blot powder, loose powder, and studio fix and invest in oil absorbing sheets. please.....

Most celebrities that we see on TV and in magazines have been retouched and are being maintained by their makeup artist. Oil production is a natural function of your skin.

One more thing....if you have skin that isn't flawless (who does...but you know what I mean), don't look for a powder to do the job. That's like asking someone who is a size 12 to fit into a 2. It ain't gonna happen. There are claims of products giving full coverage, but do you really want full coverage from a powder?? Really?? Just imagine what that would look like....

I don't even like to use powder highlighters, unless it is just 200 degrees outside and the person's skin is like an oil slick.

This isn't to give powder a bad rep, but to those who really just sit and apply it all over ....stop it!!

To powder or not to powder....? NOT!!!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I NEVER powder during the day - blot sheet only that's IT. Putting powder back on your skin after you have gotten shiny is bad for your skin and bad for the powder too! All the oil from your face goes straight onto the powder puff and straight into your powder. YUCK...so ummm helll nawww

nikki said...

I only powder my skin once per day also for the reasons you stated.

Anonymous said...

I have oily skin. I don't use powder. What should i do to control it?

Semi Permanent Makeup said...

I am happy to see that nice powder in crush form.And, those tiny particles of powder are helpful to use and make our skin free from sweat and dirt.

Best Mineral makeup said...

As much I experienced here I wish to share that powder mineral makeup helps the skin breath and reduces the chances of developing black pores, acne and even rosacea. These mineral makeup cosmetics do not contain any kind of preservatives and fragrance. Thus, applying mineral powder makeup will not lead to any allergic reaction on the skin.
Best Mineral makeup

goraya said...

Hi
nice blog.Thank you for sharing this.skin care is indeed a very basic problem these days.
If you want to know about basic skin care tips then Gulf Coast Dermatology Centre is for you.
Gulf Coast Dermatology Centre is a full clinical service specialized in the treatment, diagnosis and prevention of skin cancer photodynamic therapy using Botox Cosmetic.