Sunday, July 20, 2008

Weekend at the Beach

I just got back from a wedding this weekend at Virginia Beach. It was a lovely event. Is it me or do people not dress up for weddings anymore? They used to be such glamorous event, even for those in attendance. The wedding day is not only for the bride. It's a day that you can look your best too!! I just wanted to let you gals know what I wore ( I got sooo many compliments on my look):


Hair:

Side- parted chignon (photo courtesy of www.nexxus.com)
FYI: I have natural hair so to help with the frizzy edges, I apply Aveda Humectant, and tied hair up for about 10mins in satin scarf to smooth.


Make up:

Concealer only!! Too hot for alot of foundation

Queen collection Mineral Bronzer (review on that later this week)

Bobbi Brown Pink Raspberry Blush (from palette)

MAC Tinted Lipbalm spf 15 in Fuschia Fix

Dior Show Mascara

Chocolate Shimmer Eye Shadow (Bobbi Brown)

Espresso Gel Liner (Bobbi Brown)



Clothing:

Kelly Green Shift Dress(Banana Republic)
BCBG Girls Platform Slingbacks (sorry couldn't find a pic).



I got up and went to the beach this morning. Now, I am already a chocolatey girl, but I laid out in the sun(i even got a tan....I look so Chic and Coco Chanel...lol), made sandcastles, and played in the water with my younger cousins. It was such a nice get away!! I haven't been to the beach in years....was great to be a kid again!!

2 comments:

Brown Girl Gumbo said...

I love a chic chignon! :-)

Semi Permanent Makeup said...

To impressed your husband by wearing short and sweet clothes is really essential with bright and beautiful makeup in the weekend time hours.